What a beautiful gift of a day this has been! I hope you’ve all had a lovely weekend putting energy back into your tanks — and perhaps today has afforded you a moment to step outside as well! Thank you for stopping by for our noteworthy news from Avoca West:
- Halloween is nearly upon us! If you are planning on attending your child’s classroom party on Friday, be sure you let your room parent know BY WEDNESDAY. We will be making name tags for those parents who we’re expecting. All others are welcome, but will need to stop in and register formally in the office on Friday.
- Our Halloween parade will begin in the school at 1:15 on Friday. You can likely expect the students to trickle outside starting at around 1:20 or so. Once ALL students have entered the building, parents will be welcomed inside for the parties. If you are helping with the party set-up, you may come in at 1:00.
- Don’t forget — we strongly discourage masks or other face coverings, as it makes it difficult for students to see. Additionally, if you child is wearing a spooky masks, please consider leaving it at home for the day. Thank you for being thoughtful and not scaring our youngest kiddos!
Other Important Information:
- A huge thanks to our Glenview Fire Department for joining us today to talk with out kids about fire safety. You child will bring home a sheet to share information with you and to hopefully spur on a conversation at home.
- Avoca West will host our 7th Annual Veteran’s Day Breakfast on Tuesday, November 11th from 8:30-9:30. This is a wonderful opportunity for our students to give back to those who gave for our country in service. Please pass along the invitation to any and all veterans you know! You can RSVP for yourself (or on another person’s behalf) at email@example.com.
- This year Avoca West will pilot a new, online report card. Please join me and some of our committee members in Avoca West’s ITC on Wednesday, November 12th at 6:30pm to learn more about it and to learn about how your input can be shared. Following the meeting will be the regularly scheduled PTC meeting at 7:00. We hope you can make it!
- Our Annual Movie Night will be November 7th. On the reel will be Mr. Peabody and Sherman – a Hutchison family favorite! Doors open at 6:15 with the movie set to start at 6:40. $4 in advance or $5 at the door! Your child will bring home a flyer about the event sometime this week. Thanks for your support in making the night a hit!
Enjoy the week ahead, and let’s hope for another fluke of a warm day on Friday for our kiddos!