The Board’s priorities for students include:
- Developing a spirit of inquiry and a respect for learning;
- Acquiring essential knowledge in communication, arts, mathematics, science, and social studies;
- Developing skills in critical thinking and problem solving;
- Developing a receptivity to the arts and physical well-being through exposure and active participation;
- Building an awareness of the environment and the means of conserving it for future generations;
- Encouraging a conviction of personal worth, individual responsibility, and respect for each person’s contribution to society;
- Creating an awareness of the peoples of other nations and the ability to adapt to a changing world.