Each articulation student is seen for 5-10 minutes per day for repetitive practice of their identified target sounds. Daily practice helps create the new neuro-muscular pattern needed for production of their target speech sounds. The typical daily practice is designed as follows:
1. Review of the words from the last session.
2. Auditory bombardment of new words—amplified about 20 dB.
3. Activities involving new target words (usually 3-5 per session).
4. Repeating auditory bombardment of new words.
5. New words added to speech book and sent home to be practiced (2 minutes a day!).
Note: daily practice at home is the key to your child's progress. Please do not hesitate to call with any questions you may have about practice!