The Marie Murphy Science Olympiad Team wrapped up another hugely successful year with a top-ten finish at the national competition. The 8th place finish marks the 5th time in the last 6 years that the Marie Murphy Science Olympiad Team has finished in the top ten nationally.
Competing against top teams from across the country at the University of Wisconsin-Stout, the team was led by medal-winning performances in the following categories:
- Food Science – National Champions; 1st Place: Sophia Ahn & Andrew Kearney
- Road Scholar – National Champions; 1st Place: Sophia Ahn & Jason Yuan
- Elastic Lauch Glider – National Runner Up; 2nd Place: Youngwon Kim & Petra Ilic
- Experimental Design – 4th Place: Sophia Ahn, Carol Klingler & Emilia McDougal
- Bottle Rocket – 4th place: Petra Ilic & Jeffrey Yuan
- Disease Detectives – 5th Place: Andrew Kearney & Chelsea Lu
- Bridge Building – 6th Place: Sophia Ahn & Jonathan Yuan
Congratulations to all members of the team, parent coaches & volunteers, and Coaches Mr. Gravagna, Mr. Persino, Mr. Ogden, and Ms. Wright on a incredibly successful season!