All are Welcome!
The Avoca District 37 Parent Teacher Council (PTC) is a membership of parents, teachers, and staff who are dedicated to fostering the educational, social and overall well-being of each student at Avoca Community Preschool, Avoca West School, and Marie Murphy School. We serve these students by promoting a closer working relationship among district families, the school, and the community at large.
The PTC encourages all parents to interact and get involved by making it easy to volunteer with our online sign-up sheet. To help you connect with the school, fill out the short form at: PTC VOLUNTEER FORM. Please contact our volunteer coordinator, Kathy Wolff with any questions or concerns at email@example.com.
Mark Your Calendars!
- 6th Grade Parent Coffee, Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 8-9am
- New Families Meet and Greet- Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 4-6pm
- Innisbrook Gift Wrap Sale- Ongoing in September, 2014
- Ice Cream Social- Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 5:30-7:30pm
- New Families Informational Meeting- TBA
- Picture Day at MM- Tuesday, September 23, 2014
- Picture Day at AW- Wednesday, September 24, 2014
- AW Book Fair- October 20-24, 2014
- Fall Teacher Appreciation- October 22-23, 2014
- AW Halloween Parties and Parade- Friday, October 31, 2014
- Movie Night – Friday, November 14, 2014
- 7th Grade Snowflake Day- Friday, December 5, 2014
- Winter Parties- Friday, December 19, 2014
- Boys Night- Date TBA
- Fun Fair- Sunday, February 22, 2015
- MM Book Fair- March 23-26, 2015
- Spring Teacher Appreciation- March 25-26, 2015
- Art in Action Day- Date TBA
- Girls Night- Date TBA
- Viking Walk- Date TBA
- Teacher Appreciation Week- May 4-8, 2015
- 4th and 5th Grade Olympics- Thursday, May 21, 2015
- Field Day (1st-3rd grades) – Tuesday, May 26, 2015
- Fifth Grade Celebration- Friday, June 5, 2015
- Year-End Picnic- Wednesday, June 10, 2015
(Please refer to the District website calendar and the Friday email blasts for times, locations, updates and calendar additions).
*For a description of PTC events check out the PTC Brochure! PTC Brochure 2014-2015
Why you should help!
The purpose of the PTC is to:
- Offer a forum for ideas, concerns and information
- Promote parent involvement
- Provide assistance to teachers through volunteerism
- Assist administration in communicating school information
- Sponsor social and educational events for students, families and the community
- Fund special school programs through a variety of fund-raising events throughout the school year.
*Yearly membership dues are $20 per family unit and help fund annual programs for students.
The organization meets one Wednesday of the month during the school year. Click link below for meeting dates and locations.
To get in touch with any PTC Executive Board Member, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message with the school secretary.