Our publisher, CPM, offers a resource for parents to help their students at home throughout courses 1-3. It includes guidance and extra practice.
For parents interested in purchasing a copy ($20.00) of the CPM Parent Guide, please click here and scroll down to the bottom of the page, where it says “Core Connections Course 1-3 – Parent Guide With Extra Practice.”
Parents can also download the Course 1 resources by chapter for free by clicking here
For accel students later in the year, click here for Course 2 resources.
6th Grade Math Class Mods 3 & 4
- Online book – Core Connections, Course 1
- Grid paper spiral notebook
- Pencil and pen
- Calculators – These will be purchased through the school for $5
- TI-108 Basic Four Function Calculator
Our classroom learning environment will be safe, productive and calm. I will follow these guidelines and I expect you to as well. I will I will hold you accountable for your behavior.
Homework: You should expect to have math homework every night.
- Time frame: Most assignments should take between 20 to 30 minutes. If you reach 30 min and have not finished, stop working and have a parent sign off on the top of the page.
- Grading: Answer keys for most homework will be provided at the start of each class. You will grade your homework in class using a pen. We will go over a few questions in class to help you learn from your mistakes. Each day’s work (teamwork and homework combined) will be worth ten points based on effort, work shown, and corrections made in class.
How do I get full credit on my homework?
- Complete in your notebook
- Use pencil
- Have the proper heading (Chapter.Section.Lesson, Date) and numbering.
- Show all work
- Use tools as directed in instructions (i.e. diagram, grid paper, etc.)
- Circle, box, or underline your answers.
- Identify mistakes and make corrections in pen!
- Ask questions!!!
I expect you to make every effort to complete homework on time. If an assignment is not completed when it is due, rewrite it in your assignment notebook for the following evening and be sure to catch up by the next day. Ten percent of the grade (one letter grade) will be deducted for each day an assignment is late.
Your learning will also be assessed through classwork, entrance/exit slips, quizzes, team tests, and individual tests.
Please seek extra help from either math teacher as needed. Both of us want to help you succeed. If you know from grading your homework that you didn’t understand the lesson, come get help. If you want practice before a quiz or a test, come see us. Sometimes we will tell you that you need to come get help.
Help is available at the following times:
- Before School – Mrs. Rachmiel will be at school and ready to help you by 7:30am on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Lunch Help – You can also come in for help during lunch on Tuesday, and Thursday. Come get a lunch pass, go get your lunch, and then come back and we will eat/work together.
- After School – Sometimes I will be available after school as well, but please check for availability ahead of time.